Saturday, July 30, 2011

The "Ground Zero" Cross

This is a re-post of a comment I left on Atheists.org.
I am appalled that instead of truly speaking out for "free thinking," atheists insist on reducing the choices of others. I've been an atheist for over 40 years and it makes me laugh to see people who supposedly believe "nothing" turning atheism into an us-against-them substitute religion. How sad. Christmas, with its silly traditions makes me smile as long as it's just one day out of the year. No wonder it's difficult to get believers to take atheists seriously. Atheists apparently have just as much of an inflexible agenda as any born-again idiot. This entire exercise just makes atheists like myself, who take some solace in being right, just want to hide in shame. Of course it was just an accident that the two girders happened to make a cross. Only a cretin who sees the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast would think otherwise. But filing a law suit to prevent it's being part of a government-owned museum makes atheists appear to be small-minded and ridiculous. Count me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment