Saturday, July 16, 2011

Once again into the breach, dear friends...

It seems as though I have little to say to the world at large, based upon my previous record at keeping a blog. I have several fragments floating about the internet with one or two posts to my credit (or debit, depending upon how you like my writing). But every once in a while I get this itch to try and put something down about what I feel day to day. So this is it. Again.

I have learned from podcasting how important it is to laugh every day. Prior to my lobbying my employer to permit iPods and mp3 players, my days were spent trying to alleviate the boredom of the work I do. I would chat with my coworkers, laugh at the occasional joke, and wish I were elsewhere. Sometime in 2005, I got permission to listen to my iPod at work. At first, music, my first love, filled my days. But after several years I began to want something a bit different from my listening. I found podcasts on iTunes. I don't remember the first one I listened to, probably something informative. Then I discovered comedy. I had no idea the riches available and it seems I caught the tide on the rise. Adam Carolla was one of my first, and still my favorite. But since I've found Jim Jefferies and Eddie Ifft, Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier, Foul Mouth Radio, Kevin & Bean, and more. I spend a good part of my day laughing and thinking about the insane things my fellow homo sapiens get up to. I'm sure I'm healthier for it and maybe, if only marginally, better informed. Try it yourself and see if you don't agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment